Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's, Hockey, and a Happy Birthday

That pretty much sums up my weekend. It began with my first attempt at having Sonja make Valentines. She made them for her daddy, grandma and grandpa, and her babysitter... Well, I made them and she drew pictures and kissed them with bright red lipstick.



She wasn't as into it as I thought she would be. I think she got tired of me limiting her to only one section of the card to express her love through art. I imagined her with a French beret screaming, "Mommy, I just can't work like this!" And I'm sure my constant reapplying of lipstick got old too. Maybe she'll come up with something funner next year.



On Valentine's Day, Angel was sneaky and surprised us with flowers, cards, and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us on the kitchen table when we got home. Sonja got tickets to Disney on Ice, but quickly tossed them aside to play with her toy microphone and kaleidescope.





Go Grizzlies!

Thanks to Tenille's high-rollin' co-workers, we got tickets for a luxury suite at the Grizzlies game on Friday. Thanks Tenille, it was a blast!



Happy Birthday Kale!



Randee had a Finding Nemo birthday for Kale's birthday #2. Sonja made two friends that were at least 5 years old, and when one of their parents asked me how old she was, they gasped, "Only 2! I can't believe how well she's able to keep up with them." AHHHH, STOP GROWING UP, SONJA! She got her pent up, two-year old frustrations out on the poor Nemo piñata, and scored big with 2 cup-fulls of candy. It was a great time.



2 comments:

baughtronic said...

I'm reaping the benefits of the 2-yr-old aggression. Tell Sonja thanks for sharing.

Maeve said...

I love the Valentines. So cute and such a fun project.