Monday, February 15, 2010

Late Nights


Working late is tough for so many reasons, but it turns into heartbreak when I have to tell Sonja. I made my co-workers feel a lump in their throat when I told her that although she would already be fast asleep, I would be sure to give her a kiss goodnight when I got home. She was so sweet and simply told me that she would be a good girl for daddy, and that she missed me. When I finally got home and trudged up to my room very tired and grumpy, I found this on my pillow. Very moved, I rushed into her room to give her a kiss goodnight just like I promised. I stayed for a long time, just holding her as I shed a very grateful and joyous tear or two. Needless to say, all thoughts of work melted away and I was simply a very happy mommy.

1 comment:

Tenille said...

You are a good mommy. Hang in there. Late nights are beyond hard.