Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Obsess Much?


Everytime I try to tell myself that I’m not the BIGGEST American Idol nerd out there, they go ahead and throw me a curve ball. Quentin Tarantino, the director of my favorite movie of all-time, Desperado, and also two of the coolest movies of all-time, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Kill Bill Vol. 2, was the guest… critic I guess you could say, as the theme of the night was “Songs from the Movies”. THEN, one of the contestants, Kris Allen, went and sang “Falling Slowly”, the Oscar winning song from the movie Once that I’ve been obsessed with since my dear friends at work introduced me, (thank you Maeve and Christy!). I mean, it’s to the point that one of things I have to do before I die is see them perform live. Yes, I was gasping and almost in tears. I have also become more and more fascinated by Ryan Seacrest. Not in a “He’s so sexy” kind of way, but in an “I’d love to have a beer with him” kind of way. (Kind of like Mick Jagger. I am entertained, but not turned on by Mick, although my boss insists on the contrary.) He’s surprisingly hilarious and just so freakin’ charming. And, he probably emerged from the womb with a microphone and a tie. At least I’m not the only poor sap that has fallen for the savvy marketing and evil ploys of the show. Katie Couric was in the audience last night! Katie Couric! Stevie Wonder was on the show a couple weeks ago. Smokey Robinson was a guest for cryin’ out loud! I bet even the President is nestled at home with the wifey and kids throwing popcorn at Paula with the rest of us.

I know there is definitely a “fanatical” side to my personality and I become a little sentimental about things, but American Idol? What tha?!

1 comment:

Tenille said...

Not too sure what to say here....But feel like you may need an intervention.